A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877

  • 0
A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877

A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877 is a new product in 8.5 Store. You can get special discount for A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877 only in this month. But, you can get special discount up to 30% only in this weeks

A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877 Rating :

List Price: $60.00Price: $37.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details



Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

3 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
4Primary source selections from the religions in and of America
By Rodney Wilson
A balanced selection of the diversity of religious expression found in America, from Native spirituality, to colonization, Colonial Days, Revolution, Great Awakening and Civil War. This book is a treasure of primary documentation of the great American (religious) experiment.

0 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
3Not what I expected
By Doug
I began researching my family tree a few years ago and discovered that my ancestors began to arrive nearly 400 years ago. In at least one case junior was thrown out of his father's house for developing radical religious views; he was a Puritan. I was curious to know why. The pastor at our church recommended this book.

For my purposes, I have been disappointed. The book does gather together and quote many interesting primary sources but I was looking for a more detailed summary of what the colonists believed, and why their father's disowned them for believing it. Letters written between two Congregationalist ministers isn't what I had in mind.

See all 2 customer reviews...





Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #183520 in Books
  • Published on: 2003-09-19
  • Original language:English
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 9.09" h x6.22" w x1.34" l,2.06 pounds
  • Binding: Paperback
  • 633 pages

A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877
The Book of Mormon By The Book of Mormon Published: 2013-07-22T08:45:00-07:00 A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877 4 87 reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment