Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877

  • 0
Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877

Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877 is a new product in 8.5 Store. You can get special discount for Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877 only in this month. But, you can get special discount up to 30% only in this weeks

Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877 Rating :

List Price: $67.95Price: $55.54 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details



Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
5American passage
By nick
Great book of history must read if you get chance. It does worth to rread. its great hitory of early american.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
3Beware of "Advantage" Edition
By dwimmz
American Passages is a decent and remarkably readable survey text, but I quickly noticed that this particular edition contains quite a few grammatical and formatting errors. In some extreme cases, figures and their descriptions are even mismatched, which can throw the "big picture" of entire sections into disarray. Don't get me wrong, though: considering the price, I would've purchased this book even with prior knowledge of the errors. Just keep in mind that purchasing the "Advantage" edition comes with its own set of disadvantages.

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
5exactly the book I need
By Julie
The book is exactly the one I needed for my college course, and at a good price, which was great.

See all 13 customer reviews...


Product Description

With a unique attention to time as the defining nature of history, CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: AMERICAN PASSAGES: A HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, 4e, offers students a view of American history as a complete, compelling narrative. AMERICAN PASSAGES emphasizes the intertwined nature of three key characteristics of time--sequence, simultaneity, and contingency. With clarity and purpose, the authors convey how events grow from other events, people's actions, and broad structural changes (sequence), how apparently disconnected events occurred in close chronological proximity to one another and were situated in larger, shared contexts (simultaneity), and how history suddenly pivoted because of events, personalities, and unexpected outcomes (contingency). To meet the demand for a low-cost, high-quality survey text, CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: AMERICAN PASSAGES: A HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, 4e, offers readers the complete text in an economically priced format. All volumes feature a paperbound, two-color format that appeals to those seeking a comprehensive, trade-sized history text.




Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #184451 in Books
  • Published on: 2009-09-29
  • Original language:English
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: .8" h x.63" w x.91" l,1.45 pounds
  • Binding: Paperback
  • 512 pages

Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877
The Book of Mormon By The Book of Mormon Published: 2013-07-22T12:45:00-07:00 Cengage Advantage Books: American Passages: A History in the United States, Volume I: To 1877 4 87 reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment