Jose Y Moroni: 7 Principios Que Moroni Enseno a Jose Smith (Spanish Edition) Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Great edifying book
By G. Bull
I recently finished my mission I have wanted to keep my Spanish (for whatever reason, amazon is not accepting my review in Spanish). So, I saw this book and when I saw the cover (which I thought was awesome) I decided to buy it. I'm glad I bought this book! It's an excellent book! There are several things that I learned while reading it. I will only comment on a few things:
1) Versions of the first vision - I had heard that there are more than one version that Joseph Smith himself gave of the first vision. This book contains the 4 versions and explains when and how Joseph Smith gave them. I learned more about the first vision thanks to this part of the book.
2) The Hill Cumorah - In Sunday school classes, we always hear that Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith in 1823 and then in 1827 Joseph Smith received the plates. However, this book talks about Joseph's yearly visits to the hill and explains what happened there. This information was very valuable in helping me understand the preparation that he received before receiving the plates.
3) The lost 116 pages - The book gives more information about Martin Harris and the lost 116 pages. I did not realize how much of a role Martin Harris' wife had in this event. Very good chapter because the principle of the chapter is that it is more important to keep the commandments of God at all times - very applicable to everyone.
4) The restoration of the priesthood - This information was awesome! I had never read about the events surrounding the restoration of the Melchizedek Priesthood. Everything the authors wrote about this part is amazing - good detail!
5) The references at the end - you have to read the references at the end of the book! Many references give more information in addition to the main text. If you don't read the references, you will miss out on some great info. The authors provide sources for what they have written.
In summary, this book is or will be a very useful book for all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I think all should read it because it inspires and edifies. All will learn a lot more about Joseph Smith's history that is not normally taught in Sunday school classes. I also liked the insights of how Joseph Smith and Moroni worked together to allow us to have the Book of Mormon. Moroni and Joseph were very important and powerful prophets! I recommend the book to all - do not miss out on reading this book!
Product Description
Esta es la historia verdadera de cómo un ángel enseñó a un joven a ser un profeta. La historia es importante como un testimonio de José Smith. Pero es importante por razones que van mucho más allá de la historia misma. Moisés dijo una vez: "¡Ojalá que todos los del pueblo de Jehová fuesen profetas, que Jehová pusiera su espíritu sobre ellos!" (Números 11:29). Moisés no dijo: "¡Ojalá que los poseedores del sacerdocio del Señor fuesen profetas"; él dijo, "que todos los del pueblo del Señor". Ese siempre ha sido el deseo de los siervos del Señor. Ésa siempre fue la intención de José en todo lo que intentó lograr. No se trata de que cada persona busque convertirse en el Presidente de la Iglesia. Ese es un tipo especial de profeta con una autoridad específica del sacerdocio. Se trata de lo que Moisés dijo: "que Jehová pusiera su espíritu sobre ellos" para que cada persona en la Iglesia pudiera conducir su vida de acuerdo a revelaciones personales recibidas directamente del cielo. El objeto de este libro es examinar los principios enseñados por Moroni a José. La tarea de Moroni fue enseñarle a José cómo llegar a ser el profeta que fue preordenado a ser. Este libro trata la pregunta: "¿Qué hay que hacer para ser esa clase de profeta?" Los principios son tan universales así como también eternos. Se pueden aplicar a los niños y a todo hombre y mujer de la misma manera en que fueron aplicados al joven Profeta José.
Product Details
- Published on: 2013-07-20
- Released on: 2013-07-20
- Format: Kindle eBook
- Number of items: 1

No comments :
Post a Comment