Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong

  • 0
Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong

Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong is a new product in 8.5 Store. You can get special discount for Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong only in this month. But, you can get special discount up to 30% only in this weeks

Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong Rating :




Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

16 of 18 people found the following review helpful.
1beve56
By B. J. Petrella
Not a very well written book and there are many typos. I think the author assumes the reader is knowledgeable of the Mormon religion, which may not be the case for some. The title leads you to believe this is a story about a young woman and her struggles. Author wrote more about the Utah district attorney, Principal Voices (pro-polygamy women's group), and polygamist men. Because of the title, I wanted to know more about Rachel Strong and her life and how she is doing now. If you want to write a book that's anti-polygamy, then do that. If you want to write a book about Rachel Strong, then do that. Don't mix the message! I bought this book after seeing the author highlighted on HBO's Big Love outtakes. I would not recommend it to anyone. :-(

16 of 18 people found the following review helpful.
5Polygamy Revealed
By KADrake
I saw Mr. Llewellyn on the HBO special for the series Big Love. I am a huge fan of the show and have become fascinated by the way polygamists live their lives. The Rape of Rachael Strong is a good, quick read filled with instances and examples that help you understand how dire the situation (especially on compounds) are for women and children and how this sexist society breaks and creates the rules according to what's convenient for them. I was shocked, amazed and offended by much of what Mr. Llewellyn brought to light.

I would recommend it.

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
2Informational, but not that interesting
By Rachel Wallace
This book presents a lot of information, but it really isn't that interesting if your looking for a good polygamy book. It reads kind of like an encyclopedia. Informative, but boring.

See all 9 customer reviews...


Product Description

Freedom of Religion is now headed to the Supreme Court. Will they consider the difference between “free-will” plural marriage and the human rights violations of “religious-coercive” polygamy?

This book documents a recent case history of a Mormon Fundamentalist polygamist, who is a ruthless sexual predator. And he is not being prosecuted.




Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #1697203 in Books
  • Published on: 2006-04-01
  • Original language:English
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 8.82" h x6.02" w x.44" l,.53 pounds
  • Binding: Paperback
  • 160 pages

Features

  • ISBN13: 9780977707218
  • Condition: New
  • Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!

Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong
The Book of Mormon By The Book of Mormon Published: 2013-07-22T16:50:00-07:00 Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong 4 87 reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment