The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days

  • 0
The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days is a new product in 8.5 Store. You can get special discount for The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days only in this month. But, you can get special discount up to 30% only in this weeks

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days Rating :

List Price: $18.95Price: $13.65 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details



Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

24 of 26 people found the following review helpful.
5One of the Best Books ever to be written on Bible prophecy!
By C. Block
If you are wanting to read a book that will give you a complete overview of the Bible's last days prophecies, yet also provide meaty, deep detail to answer the tougher questions, this is your book! I have been studying prophecy seriously for about 6-7 years now and have yet to find an author that can simplify the weight of material about the end times like Richard Perry. He has a deductive reasoning to his methods and while he seems to have a lot figured out, he also remains humble in his attitude. He is always urging people, in this book and his others and his website, to search the scriptures to see if what he is writing is true.

I used to be a "pre-trib" person but for years tried to figure out where the scriptures teach such a doctrine. (For the life of me, I still can't see how God's people, whom I don't doubt love the Lord, can believe this from scripture.) Then, I stumbled upon the pre-wrath theory which answered a lot of my questions and got me back to the Bible and not the "doctrines of men". Yet, I am on a journey for truth and have recently seen God revealing more to me as I search and I have come to understand there is just ONE resurrection (rapture) of God's people....not TWO as both pre-wrath and pre-trib teach. Also, the end so clearly will take place at the last trumpet and the opening of the 6th seal....ONE Day of the LORD! Once I let go of Revelation being completely chronological, my eyes were opened to this truth.

While I don't like labels because it can divide people, I urge people to re-consider the validity from scripture for the post-trib resurrection of the saints of God. Throw aside the labels but take another look! God's people will still not suffer God's direct wrath on the Day of the Lord, yet many will undergo persecution during the Great Tribulation. While this author doesn't push a bunch of doctrine or labels, he certainly comes down on a post trib view, yet does so by a thorough handling of the Word of God. His style is unique, "out of the box" in that he isn't easily persuaded by what the "experts" say, and filled with knowledge and humble wisdom. I urge you, as the time may be short, to take another look at scripture with this filter of understanding.

I believe this book will be an excellent resource for the non-believer searching out of curiousity for what the Bible says about "the end", the young Christian just learning AND the mature Christian/Messianic Jew looking for a fresh insight. The only thing I didn't like was that many of the Bible references were left out and it has made it tougher to use as a study guide....HOWEVER, it was done this way to follow the "idiot's approach" to learning so as not to complicate the writing style. In order to check out ALL the verses, I highly recommend his book on the Last Days Mystery (also on Amazon) which the most important verses mentioned in the Idiot's Guide. Together, they are powerful.

23 of 26 people found the following review helpful.
5Read it with an Open Mind
By K. Coan
If you are a person who only likes to read books whose authors agree with your view, and you are a pre-trib rapture believer, this book isn't for you. But if you are a person with an open mind, or you are already post-trib in your beliefs, this book offers a great presentation of the post-trib position. The author presents the material in a format that is easy to understand, even for someone new to the area of Bible prophecy. The author also avoids the emotional hoop-la that characterizes a lot of prophecy books. He also avoids the name calling and put-downs that tend to characterize prophecy presentations.

This has become the new book I give to someone who really wants to understand prophecy. The book leads the reader through the various Bible passages using only the literal interpretation of each one. By the end of the book, the author has built a strong case for believing in a single second coming of Christ after the tribulation and before the outpouring of the wrath of God.

It is unfortunate that the book is in the "Idiot" series, as I've heard comments that "only an idiot would read this book." Personally, I feel that only a person who wants to know the truth will read this book. If you are such a person, this is the one book you most want to own.

14 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
5I've recommended this book for our church library.
By Cleveland R. Mann
If you want to know an uptodate understanding of the end times scenario, this is the book to buy. Richard Perry is easy to understand, and easy to read. I, too, was raised being taught the Pre-Trib, secret rapture belief and held to this teaching for over fifty years. I was a strong believer in this teaching until I retired and had more time to study what God's word actually says, and came to realize, the secret rapture can be found no where in the scriptures. It is simply not there.

Because of the persecutions befalling them from the Roman government and the Jewish leaders, the Thessalonians of the early church were upset because they thought Christ had returned for His people, and they had been left behind. Read what Paul the apostle said to them:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
"Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?"

Paul was telling these people that Christ would not come for the believers until there is first a falling of the Church into apostasy, and we see that son of perdition, the antichrist claiming to be God. Don't let anyone tell you Christ can come at any moment before these things happen. This secret rapture belief, which has been preached for some 177 years, is an invention of Satan himself. When you have the chance, do a little research and read about John Nelson Darby, the father of dispensationalism, and Edward Erving, which Mr. Perry discusses in this book.

One reviewer wrote the truth when he said:: "The author is so bias against the pre-trib rapture".

You will not be disappointed in this book if you are searching for the truth. This is a book you will want in your library. I highly recommend it. There are many who hold to the pre-trib secret rapture belief, and, many great men of God in the past have preached this belief. The many, however are not always in the right. I give this book five stars.

See all 14 customer reviews...


Product Description

Get ready for Judgment Day.

In The Complete Idiot's Guide® to the Last Days, Richard H. Perry goes to the definitive source on the subject: the Bible itself.
While the book is as exciting as an action/adventure novel, the author's primary source is the Bible, and he guides his readers to an understanding of the Last Days by using related Scripture. He Covers Bible basics and the Signs of the Times including timelines of every stage of the Last Days; the Time of the End, The Great Tribulation and the coming Day of the LORD.




Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #183363 in Books
  • Published on: 2006-11-07
  • Released on: 2006-11-07
  • Original language:English
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 9.09" h x7.13" w x.0" l,1.17 pounds
  • Binding: Paperback
  • 368 pages

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days
The Book of Mormon By The Book of Mormon Published: 2013-07-22T13:10:00-07:00 The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Last Days 4 87 reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment