The First Wife Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Amazing Story
By mathsfun
I enjoyed reading this book. The story grabbed me right from the first. I was amazed at the strength of this woman. I appreciated how the author didn't dwell on her misfortunes, but showed how she rose above them, and made a lasting impression on her descendants. The author made the story of this woman come alive. Excellent work!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Loved this book!
By D. J. Merkley
The First Wife gives an exceptional view of pioneer life. It shows the tragedies and triumphs that pioneer women encountered. Brenda Diepeveen did an excellent job of bringing the characters to life. I found myself laughing and crying throughout the book. I would highly recommend this book!
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Very thoughtful
By P. Sherman
The First Wife a very thoughtful book. It was a glimpse into the life of a woman who lived what she believed. True to her faith, she did what she needed to do and tried not to looked back. I was grateful she did not dwell on the hardships. They were a fact of life, but not a central theme by any means. Well done.
Product Description
Mary Ann Rock Williams Pugh knew life would be difficult when she converted to the Mormon Church in England in 1840. But she didn’t realize just the depths "difficult" could go to. The First Wife, written by her great-great-great-granddaughter, chronicles Mary Ann’s life, the death of her first husband, her marriage to an abusive man, and later her marriage to a much younger man who wanted a wife and children of his own. The First Wife, based on Mary Ann’s own autobiography, documents a bygone era and the pioneering women who lived it.
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1003331 in Books
- Published on: 2004-09
- Original language:English
- Number of items: 1
- Binding: Paperback
- 316 pages

No comments :
Post a Comment