Book of Mormon Notes: Power, Propaganda, and Politics Rating :
Product Description
The deeper you dig, the more treasure you find...
WARNING: Read only after sipping two cups of camomile tea! ;)
In America, you can talk about anything BUT politics and religion. So, I decided to write my first book about the Book of Mormon, politics, persuasion, and power (as my wife just shakes her head). ;) The Book of Mormon is very political and sometimes bloody, and it begs the question: if many of the writers like Nephi, Mormon, and Moroni were righteous men who knew our days, and they couldn't write even 1/100th of the records, and their writings were led by the Holy Ghost, then why did they choose so many political and war stories? What are we supposed to learn?? This collection of seven articles/ lists (two long, five short) is succinct and hard-hitting.
P.S. One article sent an open-minded, psychology PhD, lifetime church member into a conniption... That warning above is real.
Check out the table of contents!
A multi-volume series.
About the author:
grego is a faceless mystery who's actually a pretty normal guy, other than he's quite weird. Luckily this uniqueness and all that's resulted from it allows for unique insights.
-=-=-=
*An in-depth rebuttal of the general LDS "Moroni bad, Pahoran good" story that proves beyond reasonable doubt that the opposite is true. What would that mean to us in these days?
*Nephi's record makes clear sense now!
*and five shorter articles.
-=-=-=
Reader comments about this and grego's other works:
Methinks thou doth protest too much... Why must you take me to task over this? --John Tvedtnes (THAT J.T.?)
"This is my first read of yours… and Oh My Gosh It’s GREAT… " --Paul
"grego REALLY nailed it." --Jesse
"Real deep. dude. I love the way you really delved into the core of this. Rock on." --real deep dude.
“Have you gone * crazy? --Mikey D
"Fascinating stuff." --Kieth
Profound comments, I had never really thought about it. Thanks for the insight! --Quix
"A very good write up."
Very creative way of looking at it all. Thanks! --MS
Excellent insights. --Michaela Stephens www.scriptoriumblogorium.blogspot.com
"I like these speculations!" --Lisa
"Hello Grego, I do not know the answer to your query – but I find your argument logical and thought-provoking." --Anonymous
"You are awake!" --Anonymous
More reader comments about this and other works:
"Interesting… " --LDSJonesE
"Amazing!" --Danna
"I truly thank the write for his effort.God Bless You" --Fetu
'Very good comment, thanks." --Titch
"Nicely done. Thanks!"
Great points. I never thought to contrast those two peoples.
These stories give me hope right now concerning something I’ve been worried about. Thanks.
Food for thought. Thanks for this.
Thanks for posting this; it is very instructive and encouraging." --Michaela Stephens www.scriptoriumblogorium.blogspot.com
"Great post! What you’ve said really resonates within me." --Christian Hagglund
"I very much appreciate your insight and research on this matter. Thank you." --Tom
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1201441 in eBooks
- Published on: 2013-04-01
- Released on: 2013-04-01
- Format: Kindle eBook
- Number of items: 1

No comments :
Post a Comment